by Kristen Hislop
Six months ago you might have thought, "I have NO need for a virtual run" and now today we are out looking those opportunities. This pandemic has really hurt the endurance market. Races have been cancelled, postponed (likely only to be cancelled) or just on hold. Freihofer's Run for Women was faced with the decision this Spring. How do you cancel a race that has been running for 41 years? Do you try to postpone to the fall and compete with the fall calendar and all the newly postponed events? Thankfully Freihofer's, “the pride of the community,” put the community first. Everyone signs a waiver when you enter a road race that you will not receive a refund. In these unprecedented times Freihofer's said we want to offer a full refund to those who need/want. Since we are also supporting 3 local charities, we offered runners the chance to roll their entry into a donation for Girls on the Run, the Albany Medical Center's Foundation, and The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region COVID 19 Fund. The third option was to roll into or, currently, to sign up for the 42nd Freihofer's Run for Women Virtual Edition.
So now we were offering a virtual run, but the storied Freihofer's can't just toss a medal (although it is pretty cool) and a shirt (you can choose between a tank or a t-shirt AND raspberry pink or cardinal red) to our participants. No - we need to do more. The Freihofer's Health and Fitness Expo is a great opportunity to learn about local and national companies focused on a healthier and happier you. We decided to bring those vendors to you. They have donated awesome prizes to the race. Anyone signed up for the virtual run (or who donated their entry) are automatically entered to win one of these prizes. Click here to see all the rules. We want to support these great businesses as they weather this storm.
Unlike the regular Freihofer's Run for Women our deadline entry is EARLY! We are closing registration at midnight on Tuesday May 5, 2020. Please don't miss out on this amazing event AND how about getting your friends near and far to join in on this amazing tradition. Wouldn't it be cool if we had the same number of virtual runners as we get downtown Albany? Just a bigger donation to our charities! Click here to sign up today.
· Power House Athletics $50 gift card
· Ca’s Creations and Crafts 2 30oz custom tumblers
· Cabot Creamery Cooperative $75 World’s Best Cheddar gift box
· Athleta $250 in Gift cards
· Southwest Technologies $40 Hot/Cold Wrap
· Vent Fitness $560 2 one year memberships
· Hislop Coaching $50 Resting Metabolic Test
· BeeCause Charms $150 Ten sneaker charms
· Sippin with Colleen $50 Sampler box of teas
· Goldilocks Promos $50 Picnic set with bottle of wine
· iRun LOCAL $50 gift card
· Myoware $250 Muscle release tool
· Arbonne International $150 Gift basket of nutrition products
· Monat $30 Dry shampoo
· Plaza Fitness Performance $99 2 weeks of live and online personal training
· Mary Kay $65 Satin Body set and Mint Bliss Energizing lotion
· iSmile Studios $100 gift certificate
· SPIbelt $20 Original SPIbelt
· Field Goods $25 gift certificate
If you own a business and would like to offer a prize, please click here .
Everyone who runs the 42nd Freihofer's Run for Women Virtual Edition will have the opportunity to enter their time and be included in the official results. No streaks will be broken! Join Cindy Kelly, Bernadette LaManna, Linda Campbell, and Denise Herman to keep your streak going.
Join us virtually for the 43rd Freihofer's Run for Women!