New & Improved: Annual Banquet & Awards
by Marcia Adams
Why should you attend the HMRRC Annual Banquet and Awards event? I prefer to ask why not! Here’s what comes to mind to me:
- No one wants to cook on Friday night after a long week of work; but it is such a hassle waiting in line for a table at a local restaurant. No waiting here – once registered, you are guaranteed a spot and lots of food and dancing with a live band!
- It is the annual meeting so attendees will have the opportunity to learn what has happened in HMRRC over the year – a “state of the state” if you will – and an opportunity to meet Board members and to share ideas of where you want YOUR CLUB to go in the future months.
- The cost - $30 per person – is reasonable given the menu and entertainment. Where else would you be able to savor salmon, roast pork, Italian roasted chicken, or eggplant Parmesan for that price? And get coffee and pastries for dessert and dance later.
- And before you ask, no, you do not have to pay for the banquet if you only want to attend the annual meeting. We are planning the agenda to get all of the “business” out of the way (before we play). So, if you so choose, you may attend but then leave before the buffet is served.
- Come check out the new location at Treviso by Mallozi’s in the Italian Community Center on Washington Avenue Extension. This location provides a more intimate private atmosphere for the banquet this year, including a walk out patio, weather permitting. There is ample parking and is centrally located for easy access.
- An opportunity to visit with friends with all their clothes on! No sweaty running gear or dripping skin on this night – unless the dancing gets wild. This is an evening to sit back and enjoy the company of your running buddies, to discuss other things besides PRs, fartleks, and sneakers. To me, it is an amazing time to really get to know that guy who always passes you in the local 5K or that girl who always seems to look refreshed even after a run.
- A chance to honor those members of HMRRC who have donated their time and sweat equity to ensure that the races and other events held are top quality and safe. If designated, join in congratulating our President Awardees, Extra Mile Awardees and, still to be named, Hall of Fame inductee(s). These people are some of the reasons why the races on our schedule have refreshments, food and safety on the course.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, music and FUN!!! This year the banquet will have live music provided by Big Fez and the Surfmatics. Attendees will be able to dance and enjoy their melodious tones. The agenda will be all new and designed to allow for maximum socializing and dancing. The band is guaranteed to get your toes tapping.
Click here to register online. Remember that September 10 is the last day to register!!
Evening Events include:
HMRRC Annual Report to the Membership
Hall of Fame Induction - To be Determined
Extra Mile Awards
Dancing and music from 8:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Music will be provided by
Big Fez and the Surfmatics
SOCIAL HOUR: 6:00-7:00 P.M.
CASH BAR PLUS HORS D'OEUVRES
IMPORTED AND DOMESTIC CHEESES • FRESH FRUIT • ASSORTED CRACKERS
DINNER BUFFET: 7:00 P.M.
The Grand Buffet will include field greens, Italian roasted chicken, fresh salmon, maple Dijon pork loin, oven roasted potatoes, sautéed seasonal vegetables, eggplant parmesan, followed by coffee, tea and assorted pastries and cookies for dessert.
COST: $30.00 (non-refundable)
ONLINE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED BY 9/10/2019
MAXIMUM RESERVATIONS: 150
To register online, please go to: https://membercommunications-hmrrc.wildapricot.org/event-3349328
Any questions, please contact Marcia Adams at 518-356-2551