HMRRC offers cash awards for runners who place in its Grand Prix series. The awards go seven deep in six age-group categories (29 and under; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70 and up) for both men and women. Only active club members at the time of an event score points for that event.
The Grand Prix prize structure for 2018 is as follows:
HMRRC events in the Grand Prix series include the following:
For each event, points are awarded by place.
Only six events are used to determine overall GP point totals. So, if a runner finishes first in four events (12 points for each first), second in three event (10 points for each second), and third (8 points in one event, his/her point total is 68 (with one of the second place finishes and the third place finish being dropped from the calculation).
• Jon Rocco (VP of Running Events/Race Committee Chair) -- firstname.lastname@example.org
• Brian Northan (GrandPrix Scorer) – email@example.com
• Ed Hampston (Grand Prix Scorer) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, scoring is according to age at time of race. Points may not be transferred from one division to another. No exceptions.
• First tiebreaker, head-to-head competition where the tie is between two runners.
• Second tiebreaker, comparison of number of wins in age category.
• Third tiebreaker, comparison of number of events in which points are scored.
A club member doesn’t have to do anything special to participate in the Grand Prix – other than show up and make sure his/her membership is current.
Click here to return to Grand Prix Results.